1,面谈须知
面谈,实际上就是面试,是雇主与应征者面对面的沟通,更是雇主决定此人是否录取的最后关键。这一章的重点,就在如何利用有限的面谈时间,把自己成功地推销出去。
经过了书面文件的筛选、过滤,终于到了面谈的时候。紧张、兴奋、患得患失是常见的情绪反应,尤其是初出社会的青年。面对这种正常的情绪可以不必太在意,只要适当地控制,就不会影响面谈当时的表现。如果太过激烈,不妨打通电话去延缓面谈时间,给自己多留一些调整情绪的适应时间。
通常主持面谈的人,不是老板就是干部主管。因此在前往面谈以前一定要注意自己的外表仪容。锦衣华服并非必要,端庄整洁才是重点。男性们记得要刮胡子,不修边幅也许是你的个性,但也极可能让你失去一个良好的工作机会。女性们不妨薄施胭脂。浓妆艳抹太过招摇,也没有必要。尤其是年轻女孩,只要重点式修饰一下(画个眉毛,涂个口红),让自己看起来神采奕奕即可。
另外要注意应对必须得体。个人的气质修养与才能并无法在短短的面谈中让对方全然感受,但却可以藉着得体的应对传给对方:我们是有内涵、有才华与能力的人才。同时肢体语言也必须配合得当。下面几点是我们在面谈时应该注意到的基本礼节与原则:
01.面带笑容,不要板着脸孔:
02.除非面谈人员先伸出手要和你握手,否则不要贸然主动先向他伸手。
03.在对方没有请你坐下之前,不要迳自找位子坐。
04.说话时不要左顾右盼或对着天花板、地板、桌子说话,而要直视对方。对方说话时,你也应该看着他,不要把视线随便转开。
05.音量要适中。太大声会给对方压迫感,太小声对方听不到,会不耐烦。不但失礼,且会让对方想赶紧结束谈话。
06.不要抽烟,嚼口香糖。
07.不要有玩手指头、抖动双腿、用手指敲桌面、揉纸张等小动作。
08.不要弯腰驼背。双手自然放在腿上、不要翘脚。
09.坦白最重要,切勿不懂装懂。
10.不要批评别人,尤其是以前的老板、公司。
11.阿谀奉承的话是多余的,不必说。
12.如果你很想知道薪水的问题,对方却又迟迟不说,你可以在谈话快结束之前,稍微提示他一下。
13.公司的福利及营业性质你有权了解。因此如果对方给你机会问问题的话,你也不妨问清楚,做个参考。因为公司有选择其雇员的权利,你也有选择为一家好公司服务的权利。
14.简单明白的叙述。不要像聊天似的扯个没完,除非对方请你仔细说明。
15.不要偏离主题,言不及义。
16.口气要平实,不夸张自己的能力,也不必太自谦。
17.讲话速度适中,不急不徐。思考时间不宜太长。
18.听不懂对方问话的时候,可以请他再说一次,不要胡乱猜测,随便回答,反而落人笑柄。
19.不要打断对方说话。
20.向接待过你的人说再见。他们也许不是重要的人物,但很可能有表达他们非正式意见的机会,为你说上一句话,也未必可知。
2,面谈的应对技巧
一般人在面谈时,如果用的是母语(native language),当然是比用外语来得容易。就像写自传、履历表一样,如果我们用中文写必须花三十分钟,用英文写,可能就得花上一个半小时才能完成。而英文面谈又比写作英文自传、履历困难。为什么呢?因为写自传、履历等可以先打草稿,觉得不够好可以修改,一直到自己满意为止。甚至可以花上一整天来撰写。但是英文面谈就不同了。除非你的英文造诣已有相当的程度,否则难免会担心:“万一听不懂他问什么,怎么办?”,“万一我说不出来怎么办?”,“万一……,怎么办?”,而且事实上,面谈时也的确没有很多时间来让我们思考、斟酌字句。如果我们思考太久,不管是先想好再说,还是边想边说,都会使这次谈话变得冗长而乏味。因此,最好的方式就是事先构思好对方可能会问的问题,模拟一些对话,试着用各种方式来回答,以完成自我的准备工作,事前的准备,总是胜过‘船到桥头自然直’这种不称职的态度,且更能充实自己的能力。
下面依照平常谈话时,可能会谈及的话题及各种说话的方式,模拟了一些对答。在参考之余,也可以配合自己的状况作应对。最后要提醒各位,不妨大声地把对答念出来。第一次可以一字一句慢慢念,训练自己的咬字。第二次可以着重音调。第三次则加强流畅度与熟练度。多多开口,对自己只有好处而无害处。
模拟问答之个人资料
1 .
Q: What\'s your name?
问:你叫什么名字?
A: My name is/I\'m Liyu Hu.
答:我叫/我是胡立宇。
2 .
Q: Are you Mr.Liyu Hu?
问:你是胡立宇先生吗?
A: Yes,I am/Yes.that\'s me
答:是的。
3 .
Q: What\'s your family name/last name/surname?
问:贵姓?
A: My family name/1ast name/surname is Hu.
答:我姓胡。
4 .
Q: What\'s your given name/first name?
问:大名?
A: My given name/first name is Liyu.
It\'s Liyu.
Liyu.
答:立宇。
5 .
Q: Do you have an English name?
问:你有英文字吗?
A :Yes.My English name is Simon.
答:有。我的英文名字是赛门。
No.I don\'t have an English name!
我没有英文名字。
6 .
Q: Where do you live now?
问:你目前住在哪里?
What\'s your address?
你的地址?
A: I live On Wolung Street.Taipei!
答:我住在台北市卧龙街。
My address is 9,Lane 36,Wolung street,Taipei.
我的地址是台北市卧龙街36巷9号。
7 .
Q: Where are you from?
问:你是那里人?
A: I\'m from Taipei.
Taipei.
答:台北。
8 .
Q: Where were you born?
问:你在那里出生?
A :I was born in Taipei!
Taipei.
答:台北。
9 .
Q: How old are you?
What\'s your age?
问:贵庚?
A: I\'m 24
答:二十四岁。
I\'ll be 25 next week.
我下星期就二十五岁了。
l just had my 26 birthday.
我刚过完二十六岁生日。
10.
Q: May I have your phone number?
What\'s your phone number?
问:你的电话号码是多少?
A: My phone number is 501-7077.
It\'s 501—7077.
501—7077.
答:我的电话号码是五O一七—O七。
11.
Q: Are you married.
问:你结婚了吗?
A: Yes,I am.
答:我结婚了。
NO , I\'m not(married yet)! I\'m still single
我还没结婚。我还是单身。
12.
Q: How many are there in your family?
How big is your family?
问:你家里有几个人?
A: There are six of us----grandfather, father, mother, two sisters, and me.
答:我们家有六个人——祖父、父亲、母亲、两个姊姊,还有我。
13.
Q: Who supports your family?
问:谁维持你家的生计?
A: My father does.
答:我父亲。
14.
Q: Do you need to support your family?
问:你需要养家吗?
A: No, I don\'t, but I usually give half of my salary to my parents,
答:不需要,但我通常交一半的薪水给我父母。
Yes, I do.
需要
15.
Q: What does your father do?
What\'s your father\'s job/work?
问:你父亲从事哪种行业?
A: He\'s an engineer/a doctor/a college lecturer.
答:他是工程师/医生/大学讲师
16.
Q: Does your mother work?
问:你母亲上班吗?
A: No,she doesn\'t. She\'s an ordinary housewife.
答:她不上班。她是个普通的家庭主妇。
Yes , she does. She works at/for a language school
是的。她在一家语言补习班工作。
17.
Q: Do you have any children?
问:你有小孩吗?
A: No,l don\'t.
答:没有。
No,not yet.
还没有。
Yes,I have two kids——a boy and a girl.
我有两个小孩,一男一女。
18.
Q: Do you have any hobbies?
问:你有没有嗜好?
Do you have any special interests?
你有没有特别的喜好?
A: Yes, I like basketball and jogging.
答:我喜欢篮球和慢跑。
Yes, I read a lot. I especially like books on computer science and business management.
我读很多书籍,尤其是关于电脑科学和企业管理方面的书籍
19.
Q: What do you usually do after work?
问:你下班以后,通常都做些什么?
How do you spend your free time?
你有空的时候如何消遣?
A: Usually, I play chess with my friends.
答:通常我会去找朋友下棋。
Sometimes, I go to movies with my friends, but most of the time I stay at home with my family.
有时候我和朋友出去看电影,但大部份的时候我都待在家里陪我的家人。
I study Japanese at a language school every evening, therefore I don\'t have much time for myself .
我每天晚上到语言补习班学日文,因此我没有太多自己的时间。
20.
Q: Do you drink?
问:你喝酒吗?
A: No, I don\'t.
答:我不喝酒。
Yes, but only a little.
喝,但是只喝一点点。
Yes, but only with friends. I don\'t drink while entertaining business guests.
喝,但只和朋友喝。我不在应酬时喝酒。
21.
Q: Do you smoke?
问:你抽烟吗?
A: No, I don\'t.
答:我不抽烟.
Yes, but I\'m not a heavy smoker.
抽,但是抽得不多。
Yes, but only in social situations.
抽,但只是应酬应酬。
22.
Q: What do you think of yourself?
问:你认为自己怎么样?
A: In general, I\'m quite hard working, responsible, capable,and outgoing.
答:大体上而言,我觉得自己是个工作勤奋、负责、能干,而且外向的人。
Basically I\'m very easygoing, but 1 get very serious and cautious when I work.
基本上我很随和,但我在工作的时候很认真,也很谨慎。
模拟问答之学历
1.
Q:What college did you graduate from?
问:你是那一所大学毕业的?
A:I graduated from Nanjing University.
答:我是南京大学毕业的。
2.
Q:Where did you receive your Master\'s degree?
问:你在那里修得硕士学位?
A:I received my Master\'s degree from the University of Washington.
答:我是在华盛顿大学修得的硕士。
3.
Q:What was your major?
问:你主修什么?
A:Economics/International Trade/Sociology.
答:经济学/国际贸易/社会学。
4.
Q: What was (were) your major subject (subjects) in the university?
问:大学时期你主修那些学科?
A: My major subject (subjects) was (were) Physics / British Literature/Psychology.
答:我那时主修的学科是物理学/英国文学/心理学。
5.
Q: When did you graduate from graduate school?
问:你什么时候从研究所毕业?
A: In June , 1985.
答:—九八五年六月。
6.
Q: Did you participate in any activities during your college years?
问:你在大学时代参加过什么社团活动?
A: Yes, I was a member of the football team.
答:我是橄榄球队的一员。
Yes, I joined the Math club and the debate team.
我参加数学营跟辩论社。
7.
Q: How were your grades in college?
问:你在大学的成绩如何?
A: They were above average.
答:中上。
Some of them were average, but most of them were on the top.
有些成绩中等,但大部份的成绩都是顶尖的。
8.
Q: Did you take any courses in English?
问:你有没有修过英文方面的课程?
A: Yes, I took English translation and English Oral Study.
答:有的,我修过英文翻译和英文听力。
9.
Q: How many years did you spend studying for your graduate degree?
How many years did it take you to get your Master\'s degree?
问:你花几年的时间拿硕士学位?
A: I spent two years.
It took me two years.
答:两年。
10.
Q: Do you plan to go on to further study?
问:你打算继续深造吗?
A: Yes, I plan to get a Master\'s degree, but before that, I prefer to get some practical work experience.
答:是的,我打算修硕士,但在修硕士之前,我希望能有点实际的工作经验。
No , not for now. I\'ll wait 5 years before I consider it.
现在不打算。五年内我不考虑这件事。
模拟问答之工作经验与能力
1.
Q: Is this your first job?
问:这是你的第一份工作吗?
A: Yes, it is.
答:是的。
No, I worked for two other companies before.
不是的。我以前在两家公司上过班。
2.
Q: Do you have any experience?
问:你有经验吗?
A: I\'m afraid not. This is the first job I\'ve applied for.
答:没有。这是我应征的第一个工作。
Yes, I have three years\' experience.
我有三年的经验。
3.
Q: What other jobs have you done before?
问:你以前做过什么工作?
A: I worked as a magazine salesman before, and presently I\'m the sales Manager of a small food company.
I have been an elementary school teacher, a broadcaster, and an editor.
答:我做过杂志业务员,现在是一家小食品公司的业务经理。我做过小学教师、播音员,和编辑。
4.
Q: Do you have a job now?
Are you working for a company now?
问:你目前有工作吗?
A: No, I don\'t.
No, I\'m not.
答:没有。
Yes, I teach typing in a commercial school.
有,我在一家商专教打字。
Yes, I\'m working in a computer company.
有,我在一家电脑公司做事
5.
Q: Why did you quit?
问:你为什么辞职?
A: I need a better working environment to expand my abili ties.
我需要一个更好的工作环境来施展。
It just wasn\'t for me.I\'m a professional translator, and teaChing translating just doesn\'t suit me.
答:那份工作不适合我。我是个职业翻译,但不适合教翻译。
6.
Q: Have you ever been an editor before?
Do you have any experience in editing?
问:你以前做过编辑吗?
你有编辑经验吗?
A: No, I have never been an editor before.
No, I don\'t have any experience in editing.
答:我以前没做过编辑。
我没有编辑经验。
Yes, I have been an editor before.
Yes, I have three year\'s experience in editing.
我以前做过编辑。
我有三年的编辑经验。
7.
Q: Why are you applying for this job?
问:你为什么来应征这份工作?
Why are you interested in this position?
你为什么对这份工作感兴趣?
A: I think this job can give me the best chance to practice what I have learned in the university.
答:我认为这份工作可以给我学以致用的大好机会。
I have always wanted to be an English teacher, and I think this is a great opportunity.
我一直就想当个英语教师,我认为这是一个好机会。
It\'s very challenging.
这份工作很具挑战性。
It\'s a great chance for me to learn.
这是我学习的良机。
8.
Q: What do you know about our company?
问:你对本公司了解多少?
A: It has a very good name outside.
答:它在外面的风评不错。
It’s a nonprofit organization.
它是一个非营利性的组织。
Its yearly profits were ranked ninth in Hainan last year.
它去年的全年营收在海南排名第九。
It has the best sales system.
它拥有最佳的销售系统。
It’s one of the biggest computer companies in Hainan.
它是海南最大的电脑公司之一。
It owns ten factories and it also offers stocks to the public.
它拥有十家工厂并有股票上市。
It has more than 30 Chain stores in Hainan.
它在海南有三十各家连锁店。
9.
Q: How much do you know about this job?
What do you know about this job?
问:你对这份工作了解多少?
A: (Computer programmer) I’ve been a computer programmer
for two years.I’m very acquainted with the field.
答:(电脑程式设计师)我做过两年的电脑程式设计师。我很熟悉这份工作。
(Salesperson) I know your company runs a construction business,and your salesmen sell the apartments you build.
(销售人员,我知道你们公司从事建筑业,而你们的业务员销售你们盖的房子。
10.
Q: This job requires English writing and speaking abilities?
Do you think you are qualified?
问:这份工作需要英语说写能力,你认为你有办法吗?
A: I’m sure I\'m quite proficient in writing English, and I can speak English fluently.
答:我确信我相当精通英文书写,也讲得非常流利。
I think so.I majored in English in the university.
我想是的,我在大学主修英语。
Yes,my previous job required English writing and speaking abilities too.It’s not difficult for me
是的。我前一份工作也要求英文说写能力。那对我而言并非难事。
11.
Q: How many years\' experience do you have in market in vesting/export/quality control?
问:你有几年的市场调查/出口/品管经验?
A: three years.
答:三年。
I have three years\' experience (in market investing/export/quality control).
我有三年的(市场调查/出品/品管)经验。
12.
Q: Can you work independently?
问:你能独立作业吗?
A: Yes.I can.
答:能。
模拟问答之其他
1.
Q: Is there anything you wound like to know?
问:你有想知道的事吗?
A: Yes,I’d 1ike to know about the office hours/working hours.
答:是的,我想知道上班/工作时间。
Yes,I\'d 1ike to know what benefits there are for employees in your company.
是的,我想知道贵公司有那些员工福利。
Yes,I’d like to know more details about my job.
是的,我想知道更多关于这份工作的细节。
Yes,I’d like to know when you\'ll contact me about your decision.
是的,我想知道你们什么时候会通知我结果。
Yes,I’d like to know more about your company.
是的,我想各了解一些贵公司的情况。
2.
Q: Can I call you at your office about our final decision?
问:我可以打电话到你们公司,通知你我们最后的决定吗?
A: Yes, you can. The phone number is on my resume.
答:可以。我的履历表上有电话号码。
No, I\'m afraid not. You can call me at my house. The telephone number is written on my resume.
恐怕不太好。你可以打到我家。我的履历表上有电话号码
3.
Q: We\'ll notify you as soon as possible. When can you start working if we decide to use you?
问:我们会尽快通知你,如果我们决定录用你,你什么时候可以开始上班?
A: I can start working next Monday.
答:我可以在下星期一开始上班。
I can start working anytime.
我随时可以开始上班。
4.
Q: If we employ you, what starting salary would you expect?
问:如果我们录用你,你希望起薪多少?
A: I\'d like to start at about $ 20,000 a month.
答:我希望能有月薪两万的起薪。
20,000 a month would be optimum.
最好能有月薪两万。
文章评论(0条评论)
登录后参与讨论